Full-Service Storage Solutions
The Duration and Storage for Your Needs
Packing For Storage
Storage Solutions in New York City
Moving and Storage Services in a Single Package
The best way to tell the amount of space you will need is by reviewing the size and volume of your items. Identify what you no longer need and dispose of, donate, or recycle. This helps ensure you aren’t paying to store unnecessary items. After sorting, create an inventory list, including household items, furniture, electronics, suitcases, and boxes.
Most moving and storage companies offer storage units to keep everything from small lockers to larger units in a garage. With a clear list of your items, you can start to evaluate the storage options you need to receive a quote from the storage company.
To access our storage services at Perfect Moving, request a free quote here or contact us at (212) 601-2721 for further details.
Cost is one of the most critical aspects when deciding to rent a storage unit anywhere. The price of storage space is based on the volume of your items and the size of the storage space and is often charged as monthly storage fees. Once you store your belongings, it’s important to honor your agreement and pay the agreed-upon monthly costs on time.
Like most states, New York has a sales tax that may apply to your monthly storage fees. For example, if your storage belongings change, whether you are doing a partial shift or moving new goods in, you can expect cost adjustments.
Other factors such as climate may also impact storage price. If you fail to pay your storage fees in NYC, storage companies can auction or even dispose of your belongings, depending on their terms and conditions.
As you search for the best storage companies in NYC, there are several factors to consider before moving into a storage facility, including:
- Location of the storage facility
- Video surveillance and overall security
- The billing and deposit process
- The level of customer service and professionalism
- The size in cubic square footage your goods will occupy
- Insurance options
- If the company can deliver your items to a different address, including another state or city.
- The contract terms and conditions
Remember that self-storage units, where you have full access to your items, are usually more expensive than storage facilities where the company keeps your belongings until the identified delivery time. Typically, obtaining your own storage area means you can get your goods when stored on-site until you take them back.
There are a few restricted things that are prohibited from warehouse storage facilities. They include:
- Live animals
- Live plants
- Illicit drugs
- Dangerous substances and chemicals
- And anything inflammable
- Use high-quality packing supplies suitable for moving to avoid damage
- Avoid keeping items in plastic bags
- Label packing boxes
- Set aside packing supplies of breakables and mark them as fragile
- Fill the gaps in the irregular-shaped goods to avoid too much moving during transportation.
- Put weighty items at the bottom and lighter ones at the top.